Sunday, December 12, 2004

X-er Fears Great Repercussions
Recently, we've been asked by many for an explanation of the site's anonymity. Why, they ask, if you believe what you say, do you not sign your name to it? Why not come out in the open? Who is that Masked Man?

First, I fear great repercussions should my identity be revealed. The IBLP staff could then cry out against my soul and deliver me over to the Evil One for the destruction of my body. Sounds bad. The Institute might call my pastor and ask for church discipline. They would write bad reports in my student profile. Worst yet, they may never allow me to visit Institute property. If they ban me from attending the Basic Seminar how would I get my spiritual nourishment? I don't want to torch my chances of ever coming back on staff.

Second, I have deep-rooted respect for the Institute. We should not speak against God's anointed. Perhaps deep down I mostly believe everything I've been lampooning for the past months? Subconsciously I must know the Institute is mostly good, despite their innocent, quite human mistakes.

The anonymity is indeed a cloak. In my real life, where people know me and I am identified, I have never said a word against IBLP. I am non-confrontational and very compliant. I have never spoken out against training center life, hypocrisy or spiritual abuse. You can be sure no one has any idea that I disagree with IBLP's teachings. But sign up for an anonymous blog, and damn, isn't it freeing.

We hope this blog has no effect on people. We hope it fails to dissuade people from joining ATI and causes no defections. Furthermore, we pray that people do not re-evaluate their distorted view of God learned through years of non-optional principles. The satire probably springs out of latent bitterness and sexual frustration, and is essentially harmless. We're not sure why we do it, but maybe those more insightful readers can explain for us why.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha!!! oh you're so funny... i like this: "If they ban me from attending the Basic Seminar how would I get my spiritual nourishment? "
...."an anonymous blog, and *bleep*, isn't it freeing." watch yer LANGUAGE! wow! .....
"The anonymity is indeed a cloak. In my real life, ....You can be sure no one has any idea that I disagree with IBLP's teachings. " that's fascinating.... Not even your wife?! Just kidding.... no really that is interesting... that's neat...
"and deliver me over to the Evil One for the destruction of my body" that was pretty funny too - Has its roots in the truth, that's why it makes me laugh (sardonically)

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"that's fascinating.... Not even your wife?!"

I'm pretty sure that paragraph, as well as the entire post, is pure, unadulterated sarcasm.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been trained well X-er, throw some reverse psychology at them and they'll see the light.. Hmmm… where have I heard that before? The truth is out there...

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. Our anonymity is all they have left us. Keep up the good work, X-er.

~Lata, ATIRenegades

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see good IBLP-related humor without the bitter, caustic edge to it. Thanks for being funny and yet fair.
~DM

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how long you will really be able to stay anonymous. I'm so curious already that I'm about to start a blog "Who is X-ATI Guy?" It's just a matter of time before you say something that someone is able to attribute to you. I'm amazed at how much you know... and at the same time humored. =) Do your best to write in anonymity as if your your name were signed on each page because I'm afraid it's just a matter of time before you're figured out. No regrets, my friend...
~DM

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"no regrets, my freind" that's the key!

i've no problem with the anonimity! it almost adds to the coolness of it all. and there's enough validity to every thing that's said that it doesn't really matter who says it!

wouldn't it be cool if one of our own were doing this right under the noses of the leadership @ a TC...or even worse...HQ...God Forbid!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to post stuff so people believe that you are currently staff on at a TC (especially if you actually are). This would lead to massive witch hunts for the X-ATI guy who isn't actually X, and would provide for unlimited fodder for future issues of X. All over TCs Xer wanna-be's would be making public confessions that they are the X, because they feel like they need to feel guilty about something or just for attention.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"wouldn't it be cool if one of our own were doing this right under the noses of the leadership @ a TC...or even worse...HQ...God Forbid!"

I'm sure they've filtered this site out by now...

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do what I want. Which you're allowed to do. IBLP = do what we want is doing what God wants. Doing what you want is doing what the devil wants. Uh oh! Run for your spiritual life! Anyway the only reason I keep my identity secret is because I freaking want to.

-Jane Doe

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would do well to never reveal your identity. No doubt, many ATI girls have fallen desperately in love with you by now.
We are a starving bunch, deficient of any strong male presence able to take a stand as you have done.
You are inescapably sexy.
Undeniably striking in your poise and finesse. I have only one thing to ask of you –Please do not be good-looking, or I will never be free.

Damn, I bet you’re fine.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to break it to the last commenter. X-Er is very good-looking and an intelligent, God-fearing (vs. man-fearing) wonderful man. He's also my husband.-
-X'er's Wife

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing that up for us Mrs. Xer, but I'm a little curious about the "sexually frustrated" part of your dear hot hubby's post!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcasm. All sarcasm

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact