Guest Blogger: 7 Principles for Anna Nicole Smith
The death of Anna Nicole Smith has illustrated the tragic conflict that can arise when families allow bitterness to take root in their relationships. I believe the Seven Biblical Principles could have been used in Anna's life to make wise choices and avoid failure.
1. Design Anna Nicole should have understood the specific purposes for which God had created her. Sadly, she never learned true self-acceptance, choosing to radically modify her God-given body. Thanking God for her design would have helped Anna Nicole to avoid defrauding millions of men.
2. Authority Anna Nicole rejected the responsibility God had given to her authorities, particularly her mother, Virgie. Because of this, Anna was unable to learn how God provides direction and protection through authority.
3. Responsibility Anna Nicole is responsible to God for every thought, word, action and motive. Her lack of a clear conscience forced her to seek man's approval through morally defrauding actions.
4. Suffering Anna Nicole could have identified the blind spots in her life by learning from the hurts of others. The artificial pleasures she enjoyed on this earth were no replacement for Genuine Joy.
5. Ownership Rather than fighting for years in court to seize her husband's inheritance, Anna Nicole should have realized that everything she owns has been entrusted to her by God, and should have wisely used it for His purposes.
6. Freedom Because of the ground surrendered to Satan after years of immorality, Anna Nicole no longer possessed the desire and power to do what is right. Rather, she claimed the privilege to do what she wanted.
7. Success Many people said that all Anna Nicole wanted was to be loved. Anna Nicole struggled with a lack of Life Purpose because she never engrafted Scripture into her heart and mind. Scripture enables us to think God's thoughts and make wise decisions.