Sunday, October 30, 2005

True Confessions, Part III
My "personal bests" would have to be highjacking a wireless highspeed internet signal from what I believe was a family wifi a few floors up, giving me Internet in my room...Working very very hard to find a "way around," a hack if you will, to Characterlink, which many fondly referto as Clink. And succeeding... Disconnecting the "WAKE UP" Speakers so it wasn't sucha horrible morning, every morning... Getting a hold of Master keys... and getting copies made... Having a TV tuner on my computer, which let me watch any TV show on any given night. Movies as well... Hooking up the phone line into my room that had been disconnected so I could make phone calls...

For me, these were necessary means of survival.

-Anonymous

==============

Yikes, the stories I can tell. Like the time I got locked out in the courtyard at the DTC so I climbed a tree, climbed over the wall and ran around to the door to let myself back in (in my skirt, of course). Or the time I got in trouble at HQ for singing that song "Going to the Chapel" with someone while cleaning up the kitchen. Or the time I was told not to mention skiing in front of the young men because that would imply I sometimes wore pants, and that might defraud them. How about the time I and several other girls from Brook Manor broke into Mr. Gothard's office to retrieve some always-coveted junk food from the kitchen? And we can't forget the girls' swimsuit sunbathing club which met faithfully on sunny weekends in the summer on the back deck at Brook Manor. For the record: I bought my first "rock" CD and my first pair of short shorts while living at HQ. I was just driven to it.

-Anonymous

==============

Once I went for a walk with a young lady while staying in OKC for an OBCL function. Even though we were both adults and only visiting, certain of the Holy Order deemed it necessary to actually go and search the bushes for us. Afterall, what ELSE could a couple that went on a walk be doing besides making like rabbits... Upon returning one particularly righteous individual informed us of our sin (and subsequent lost salvation) and proudly handed down a curfew and "bedtimes". I think they built an extra wing on his celestial mansion as a prize. I think they even threatened to call our parents (oooh scary), my father would have laughed I do believe. The following year we returned engaged and reaped our ample revenge upon them with public kissing and hand-holding. Maybe one or two suffered extreme physical abnormalities from the exceedingly unholy corruption. I should repent now... or not.

-Anonymous

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had done as well, but only being at ITC for a music seminar (and having roommates of as-yet unknown rattish propensities), I soon discovered that one of the local TV stations had an FM audio feed. If my roommates wondered why I was the quiet one, that may have been the night I listened to Crimson Tide (with commercials!) while I was supposed to be on a music fast.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The foregoing makes more sense if I mention that I was using an earbud radio that fit almost entirely inside my ear. With my hand on the side of my head as though propping myself up while reading in bed, they never knew.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I lived at Heritage Manor '95(is that right ?) I used to fall asleep listening to my clock radio listening to oldies. ooooo I'm so naughty. This girl Sarah and I (She drove a '68 (?)pontiac Le Mans hot rod and cut off her long hair, she ended up getting sent home for seeing a guy at HQ's)she was so cool she even owned shorts. We would go out and listen to rock & roll, go to hot rod shows at the oak brook McDonalds by the mill, and snuck out to go to Ed Debevicks. Sweet !

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember being at Knoxville one year and instigating a group of ALERT Cadets to jog all the way down the ramp and back. The team leader was off at a break and he came back freaking out when he saw his charges weren't there. There was also a water war on the ramp in 2000 that nailed the Colonel (the kid and his squad got dropped for 50 pushups). Anyone remember that one?

I also had a female friend of mine report that at DTC an active rock concert ring would schedule Wal-Mart outings for certain nights and be out for 2 hours or so. That one, allegedly, was helped by the blind eye cooperation of some pretty important staff.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys did wilder stuff at HQ than I've done in the entire time since I deconverted. Do you think there's some sort of program that would give me a chance to make up for lost time? I bet I could recruit my XH for some kind of Rebuilders weekend, especially if we could step up some swinging action.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swinging?? What...ahem...does that refer to?

12:31 PM  
Blogger Gone are the Days said...

Swinging is/can be a type of dance/music. I'm pretty sure that's what was being refered to as.


Seabhag

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO people, "swinging" refers to couples getting together with other couples and doing you-know-what.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Y'all can't allude to that-action-which-shall-not-be-alluded-to! You're defrauding me and all the other readers of this blog! Satan obviously has a hold on your minds that has made a stronghold of sin that is causing you to stumble, and that is dragging me down with you!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Viki said...

I almost wish I had been a more "ATI-ish" person, just for all the fun you guys had. Me, I was just mostly stuck inside, listening to my dad's wisdom searches, wearing denim jumpers, and occasionally polluting my mind by entertaining myself with "World Book Encyclopedia" and "Brittanica", some of the only worldly influences I could get my hands on.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, also, read those wicked books. Mainly for the parts that gave the description of "coitus."

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am concerned. How is it that the leadership is able to know what the loopholes are? Are they logging into this blog in order to determine where they should look next for the soothsayers of yesterday and, quite possibly, today that have infiltrated the camps? Say it isn't SO!!!! So the "liquor store" being run out of ITC has been closed down? BUMMER! What about the XXX movie theatre at HQ, did they confiscate that VCR too and send the deviants packing? If so, who ended up with the tapes...inquiring minds want to know? Please, any CURRENT cult members that are still on site, keep us abreast of any loopholes that are being closed so that we may update our database.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The master keys ??! That post was fascinating (hacking, hooking up a phone line to the room, etc.) --Copies of the master keys?! -- I heard that up at Indy, there was a key to a certain room, used for nefarious purposes - I've always wondered what became of the key. It was originally owned by a "bad" person, and I would like to know if it ever got passed on to someone who would have "need" of it. (Sorry to be so vague)

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a special room like that, at least way back in my time.(circa 94) However, I didn't have access to it, so I had to swipe a different key. I didn't feel nearly so "led" to help on the construction/maintenence crew after that... I AM surprised they never checked my bags on the way out after we finally got caught. I was mad, in my "bitterness" (read: last act of helpless teenage defiance) I took enough mini-soap to last 14 months.

Us being 16, I couldn't call or write. I still wonder where that girl ended up sometimes. And I still have the key.

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"us being 16, i couldn't call or write"

ugh.

i stayed at the OTI for a few days when it was being built, and although rules were pretty lenient back then, a girl snitched on me for becoming writing buddies with a guy there...we were both writers and just traded ideas and poetry. someone from the training center actually called my dad when i got back home and told him that i might have had "unauthorized contact" with a boy there. i think i was...hmmm...16 or 17 at the time. dad didn't do anything about it, just asked me if everything was ok. i'd never really thought that people could be so ignorant, but i got my fill of it there and never went back.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome, Listen to the best and latest music here:
>>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/thats-life-lyrics-16259.html
>>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/summer-wind-lyrics-16258.html

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact