Wednesday, July 21, 2004

IBLP Raises Pay, Staff not Enthusiastic
OAK BROOK, Illinois - IBLP staffers will no longer work for free.  "In recognition of your years of service to God and to me," said Bill Gothard, "staffers will now be paid minimum wage for their labors."  This policy change will only go into affect for staffers who have been with the organization two years or longer.

IBLP staff heralded this as a "sham."  Each staffer is required to pay a $200 a week housing fee, which practically eliminates a minimum wage salary.  "Before this change, I at least had the spiritual satisfaction of laying up treasures in heaven," complained one staff person.

Another person, on the condition of anonymity, admitted: "When I figure in overtime and the required 'staff encouragement' meetings on the weekend, I make about 18 cents an hour."

Some of the staff disagreed.  "I've been saving up for the new Character Sketch book...I should be able to buy it as soon as it comes out!" said one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact