Thursday, December 16, 2004

IBLP | 2004 Year-in-Review
Watch IBLP's 2004 Year-in-Review. Count the uses of the word "opportunity."

Most ironic moment: construction of the Great Wall of China (built with slaves) cited as a metaphor for "the work of God through his people." The video goes on: "As we do the day-to-day tasks he gives to us [images of ATI students scurrying around training center], we don't know all that he's accomplishing..."

Unspoken truth: "Ministries like this don't continue to grow and expand without faithful people to undergird and support them..." (and a healthy population of willing slaves enthusiastic students...)

Originality at work: "Families were blessed and encouraged..."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack, George Mattox is still right there by Bill? That sight brought back a old root of bitterness. :-)

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What made me really laugh was this part - "Great Wall of China (built with slaves)" ... you're so good...

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I feel like such a loser ever since I watched the year in review of ATI.. I must go out and do something with my life. Having a good job, a wife and kids, being part of a church, and having good times is just not great enough for me anymore. Hmmm... maybe I'll sell all I have and move to China to help clean floors in the bathroom of the forthcoming training center... I knew I was missing something in life, now I've found it.. service to ATI!!! Nothing will get me more jewels on my crown than that since it's the "great" work of God. I'm so mediocer in my happy life, but I think I like it

4:47 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

What I found hilarious was that their work with youth was positively compared to prisons, which is precisely what they've been accused of being for such a long time.

Rich

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact