Friday, June 09, 2006

"Mighty Deeds" drinking game
Richard has several excellent recommendations for watching IBLP promotional videos.

=====================

Each year the Institute puts out a year in review video detailing the events in which the Institute participated. For example, 2005 was the year of Doors of Opportunity.

When we were in the Institute we used songs and "games" to get us through difficult events. In order to help us celebrate our fond memories of the Institute and yet still endure the trial these videos present, let me suggest: The "Mighty Deeds" Game!

During the video, perform Nine Mighty Deeds to Conquer Despair and Bitterness.

To do these mighty deeds:
Download the required video(s). Gather at least three more X-ers. Select your non-optional alcoholic beverages of choice and perform the following Mighty Deeds as indicated.

- Every time the word "Opportunity" is said, take a drink.
- Every time Mr. Gothard is called "Dr. Gothard" take two drinks.
- For every ridiculous statement drain your glass!
- For every attractive blonde put on the video, blow a kiss and take a swig.
- For every ugly brunette, take a drink THEN blow a kiss.
- For every video shot that has been structured so that the room looks full, take a drink.
- For every coordinator, manager, director or leader with acne take a drink.
- For every statement where the Church is mentioned in such a way as to make you think that the Institute IS the "church" drain your glass.

Note: You should feel very Mighty by the end of each year in review. If you are really committed to being Mighty, you can have consequences for those who show weakness and rewards for those who demonstrate their evident spirituality. For example, the first one to pass out has to volunteer at Indy for a year. Last one standing gets to do some PG-13 handholding with their significant other.* After all, if they can do these mighty deeds, they can obviously handle the temptations that arise from some physical contact.

Good luck!

*If they don't have a significant other, they can just hold hands with the "first one down" because where they're going, they'll be grateful for some attention.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! I'm sorry but I just can't help it!!! That was very good! ROTFL!!!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having to volunteer at Indy for a year is a dire punishment... IN fact, if you were to say "for three or four months," it would be bad enough! Don't you think "a year" was a little drastic?! :)

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evidently you're assuming you'd last longer than three or four months at Indy. :)

5:51 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

True, true. I only lasted three months. I did survive HQ for a year, though.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Statureman said...

I spent only one week a Indy (not counting a day or two here and there). Thank my lucky charms. My Team leader for the Counseling Seminar has a deep voice was balding and was 19.

Thankfully, I don't get this video because with the amount of liquor I know I can hold I could only go the first few minutes...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Vegan Hunter said...

This is great. I might have to make a date to play this game with my ex-H, who's the king of drinking games. He'd down an entire beer where you wusses just take a swig. And his English is good enough now that he might even understand some of the text in the video. On his very first trip to the states when he was "courting" me, he visited my parents on his own. I heard later from my siblings that our parents had shown him a video about godly relationships. When I asked him about it, he had no idea what the video was about or that it was specifically intended for his edification. My siblings felt sorry for him, but he'd thought it was just your average American family entertainment.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Lisalia said...

I predict alcohol poisoning and death after just 5 min.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact