Wednesday, October 20, 2004

TC Director in Hot Water
The director of an unnamed training center inadvertently quoted the lyrics of several rock music songs during the staff devotional last week.

Upon hearing the lyrics, several students who had torn down the stronghold of rock in their lives were immediately plunged into spiritual warfare. One student experienced demonic visitation and suicidal impulses. "As soon as he quoted the songs, it was like a black cloud settled over the entire training center," said a kitchen worker.

Parents of the resident students complained to Headquarters, and it wasn't long before the TC director received a call from the Staff Center in Hinsdale, Illinois.

Witnesses said the director's talk was entitled "Crying out to God." During the devotional he told students, "We can always call on God's name. When you call his name, it's like a little prayer." The director said he experiences the most power in his prayer life in the midnight hour.

Later in his closing prayer, the director used lyrics from Metallica's Fuel. He is said to have prayed, "We desire you, O Lord. Give us fuel, give us fire, give us that which we desire." Later in the prayer he quoted Ozzy Osbourne's I Just Want You: "I don't ask much, O Lord. I just want you."

After speaking with Bill Gothard, the training center director issued a brief apology. "For my poor example, please forgive me. I know not what I do. I confess that I listened to rock music years ago as a carnal Christian, but that was a long time ago. What I've felt, what I've known, is that it is wrong. I've turned that page. I also want to thank God for you, Mr. Gothard: everything you say to me takes me one step closer to holiness. I meant no harm, I just think that we're all searching for God, and for some of us, we still haven't found what we're looking for."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no :) that's bizarre :) -- well, for the most part they can be pretty careful what they say; but it's funny when they invite guests to say a impromptu few words at the mic. those guests can sometimes say some things that shock the audience. nothing really bad, mind you, but borderline :)

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we still haven't found what we're looking for...

that guy's speach is just laced with evil lyrics

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha! I'm laughing, I always did like Madonna. and U2.

I know things have continued to evolve for the worse since I left Indy but honestly! Yer makin some of this up right? ? ?

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yer makin some of this up right?"

remember the part about satire?

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact