Friday, July 30, 2004

Institute Staff Types We Don't Like
The Rat
Part gossip, part friend, part information center. This type loves to know everything going on. The problem is that a lot of his information finds its way to the leadership. We're not saying the Rat told, but we wonder...

The Marlon Brando
"Bad boy" wannabe. He thinks he is the big poppa of the Institute because he secretly watches R-rated movies, listens to unapproved music, and is charming with the ladies. Loves to drop hints of his unauthorized behavior. Survives in the Institute by emulating the Brownnoser.

The Brownnoser
This suckup is on a first name basis with the entire Institute leadership. Not that that's wrong, but his attention always goes up. He could care less about you if you don't carry a walkie or work in some management position. Can usually be seen close to the head table at meals, or somewhere in Mr. Gothard's entourage, if he's in town.

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
This type believes that the Institute rule book is hers to enforce. She spots violations like a drill sergeant, and announces your misdeeds in a voice loud enough to wake up people a Character City away.

The Apologizer
This type apologizes for ever potential violation. "I'm sorry for my words, I'm sorry for my wrong attitude, I'm sorry if you were offended, I'm sorry I'm sorry." The only way to shut them up is to tell them you won't forgive them: "I can't forgive you if you haven't done anything wrong." Silence. "Well, I'm sorry for apologizing if that bothers you....."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Marlon Brando
"Bad boy" wannabe. He thinks he is the big poppa of the Institute because he secretly watches R-rated movies, listens to unapproved music, and is charming with the ladies. Loves to drop hints of his unauthorized behavior. Survives in the Institute by emulating the Brownnoser."
this was good. Yup.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is SO true -- after living at a TC for 6 months I saw all of these, it's real, and it makes me sick.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! So true!! I was only at ITC for 3 months and I think I met each one of these...scary though
! Way to pinpoint it down.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact