Sunday, August 08, 2004

Student Booed at IBLP Staff Meeting
A report by an ATI staffer
The other day I was asked to share at the morning ATI staff meeting where we all gather for a staff devotional and encouragement. I decided to share some thoughts that were on my heart.

I read the passage from Acts 10 about Peter's dream--he sees a sheet lowered from heaven filled with unclean animals, and he is told to kill and eat. Peter refuses, and God says "What God has cleansed you must not call common." Common, in the original Greek, means common, unclean, or forbidden.

In my talk, I suggested that perhaps we could apply this passage to some of our own cultural IBLP taboos such as music, movies, clothing, hairstyle, and facial hair.

Jesus said what goes into a man does not make him unclean, but what comes out of his heart. Perhaps the prohibitions on watching movies and wearing jeans are not scriptural. Someone rose out of the audience and started booing. Nearly everyone joined in. They wouldn't stop until I left the stage.

Unfortunately, I think key persons were sleeping and missed everything I said.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only the ATI staff knew that rebels use booing to cheer on another rebel, and clapping to jeer others. When Mr.G told me I was being sent home for "great sin" he seemed a little confused with the clapping, so he just shrugged his shoulders and started clapping.

Z

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact