Sunday, May 01, 2005

Deliver us from evil
Dear Brother R.C. Sproul, Jr.,

While I normally devote my time to encouraging Brother Gothard and his followers in their pursuit of spiritual perfection, your recent blog post inspired within me such a holy anger that I took time to write this letter of agreement.

Brother Sproul, though your writing style is heavy and erudite, and I may have been slightly drunk (we're not all perfect, brother), I believe people will perceive the simple truth of your recent post: fie upon those women who attempt to teach men by blogging.

As you say -- the Internet, for all its strengths, has the power of diffusing unbiblical communication by women who refuse to be silent among men as is their Scriptural mandate. Gone are the days when women had to leave the home in order to sin -- adorning themselves in immoral dress, with painted faces. Now women can show a brazen spirit by simply signing up on Blogger, Typepad, or any number of weblog hosting services.

Before the advent of the Internet, we could rely on men to easily silence their wives. But now that every lady has her own cyberpulpit, how can we control these women who would step out from the protection of their fathers or husbands?

These women are able to communicate directly to the husbands of other women and, in some cases, are actually attempting to teach men by preaching on their blogs.

Brother Sproul, not many would have had the courage to speak out against this ungodly practice. Thank heaven for discerning men such as yourself who are able to silence these outspoken wenches.

Sadly, there are actually men out there who have lost their own sense of Patriachal calling and regularly read the blogs of women. These welps must be confronted and bucked up with a good, strong, Christian man exhortation.

I confess, I also need your counsel. How do you protect yourself from the onslaught of women who leave comments on your blog? Brother Pierpont has his own method, which seems to work well. I usually encourage each woman to consult with her husband -- does she have his permission to speak? But still they leave comments. How do I protect myself from educational conversations with women who would attempt to influence me unbiblically?

Sincerely,

X-ATI Guy

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...guess I'd better remove my last post about God being my strength since that isn't in Titus 2, and kick my brother off my list of subscribers lest I actually influence his mind in such an un-biblical way.

12:22 PM  
Blogger greenemama said...

very amusing, x ati guy. especially the part about your being drunk. we all know little sproul the younger likes his firewater, brought to himself by a squaw wearing white (see the amusing exhortation from lady lydia)no doubt.

oh, and i'd love to hear you address this asinine statement of r.c.'s from the same blog: "A husband who loses his wife to a hook-up with some internet Lothario is probably better off than one who returns from work to find his wife safely at home, but having been seduced into Rome by some charming blogger."

is this possible because said husband can come home and charm his wife back to himself with his Gaston-ion charm, but the same charm ("my little wife massaging my feet while the children play on the floor with the dogs") is completely unappealing, nay, is pathetic and disgusting, to the wife who has been turned *gasp* feminist by reading a woman blogger.

puh-lease.

2:34 PM  
Blogger IDigAK said...

wow...i really am floored to think that people out there of such renown actually make such a huge issue of these things. it really is sad sad sad...

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But why should we care what R.C. Sproul Jr. says? He is married... and after all, Paul said only people who cannot control themselves should get married (1 Corinthians 7:9). Paul also says that a married man is not concerned about pleasing the Lord (I Corinthians 7:32-34).

Do we really want to be under the teaching of a man who cannot control himself and is not concerned about pleasing the Lord?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Semirrahge said...

Since I got an email update of this, I went and read the R. C. Sproul article first. I must say that I didn't clearly follow whatever it was that he was talking about, but I did notice that he was very passionate and sincere in his writing.

I find it interesting that even though I am attempting to free myself from such fundamentalism, kicking the knee-jerk response of nodding and agreeing with a respected teacher is very very hard. The only reason I didn't instantly try and agree with him was because I had no clue what this evil was that he was railing against.

If you can't make sense, I'm not going to give you any of my valuable attention.

But, as Dr. Schplatt said - this had me rolling. "Brother Pierpont has a method" - LOL

Yeah. Rock on.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous #2, I hope that you were speaking sarcastically. After all, we know that God instituted marriage during the 7 days of creation, thus setting it as an example for us. Add to that, "What God has joined together may no man put asunder." And lastly, there is so much more to those verses than you use in your post, I think it unfair to use them in the way that you have.
Again, I AM hoping you were speaking sarcastically or satirically in answer to this site...

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon #3 -

Just trying to illustrate the idiocy of strictly construing Pauline theology.

All the best,
Anon #2

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVED what anon #2 wrote!!!!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"oh, and i'd love to hear you address this asinine statement of r.c.'s from the same blog: 'A husband who loses his wife to a hook-up with some internet Lothario is probably better off than one who returns from work to find his wife safely at home, but having been seduced into Rome by some charming blogger'."

That's far from the only time he's said something totally crazy. Here's some amazing quotes from R.C. Sproul Jr.

Oh and no need to apologize to R.C. Sproul Jr for being drunk, x-ati guy. Sproul himself looks like he really enjoys the firewater.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact