Saturday, April 16, 2005

Letter from an IBLP staffer
Dear Mr. X-ATI Guy,

I am writing from IBLP Headquarters. I discovered your site a few days ago, and I have to admit that it is funny at times. But mostly I read your posts with a very heavy heart. To see your potential for communication, but to know that you have rejected the truth...it must grieve the Holy Spirit.

All your venting does is fan the flames of bitterness among those who are angry at their parents and Mr. Gothard. I can tell you confidently that Mr. Gothard is only human, and that he does not believe himself to be infallible. But when God has so evidently placed His blessing upon a person, shouldn't we accept this and learn what we can from him?

Most of you ex-ATI people complain about "spiritual abuse." Sure, there may be some things within the Institute that are not perfect, and I have even heard rumors of ATI students who have been wronged unjustly (though I've never seen this happen myself). But when you consider all the good IBLP accomplishes around the world, how can you reject the entire ministry?

I am also concerned about your ability to discern things of the world when the music you endorse is straight from the Pit. It's bad enough to listen to sensual CCM music, but to actually approve of the things of this world is to play with fire. Can a man play with fire and not be burned? Your search for the truth (if you are searching at all) will be hindered by your seared conscience.

By reacting to Mr. Gothard's teaching, you open yourself up to the flaming darts of Lucifer. One day you will look back on your life and realize you have wasted many opportunities. You could be ministering in Russia, or teaching orphans in Romania, or even working in the print shop here at Headquarters. All of these things would bring rich blessing into your life. By rejecting the opportunities God gives you to serve others, you lose the opportunity to build character.

You probably hate that word--"character." But how else are we suppose to show God that we love him, unless we build his character in our lives?

I personally believe that you are in danger of being turned over to the evil one for the destruction of your soul--your mind, will and emotions--for the sin of leading others astray. You help perpetuate the myth of free grace for those who have walked away from ATI in bitterness. The Lord Jesus Christ bought us with a very high price and shouldn't we be expected to show our gratitude? Our character is the only lasting proof of our love for God.

I could give you Scripture verses for all of these thoughts, but obviously you prefer to rely on your own logic. Beware: worldly philosophies can lead you even farther astray.

Sincerely,

An IBLP staffer

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this a real letter?

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't be a real letter. too many buzz words in one place at one time. not the usual hilarious overload of sarcasm. still good tho.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't be a real letter. too many buzz words in one place at one time. not the usual hilarious overload of sarcasm. still good tho.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Derby said...

I thought it was, until I read the line "the myth of free grace". If a staffer did say that, he'd have explained it a bit so it didn't look like he was rejecting grace.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whether it is real or not, it is a good example of the type of heavy handed guilt trip Mr. G likes to send you on.

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a bit depressing...

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think this is a real letter, but the fact that I know people who could have written it is rather unsettling. If a person actually said that "to reject ATI is to reject God" I would laugh in their face. ATI is by no means god, and neither is Mr.Gothard. I don't think Mr. Gothard wants to be put on a throne, He's a great guy with good things to say, But let me just say this, Blindly following ATI and this organization's leader is foolish and rash. The only one to follow blindly is Jesus Christ.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That had better not be a real letter, but it wouldn't suprise me. A couple of the believers in ATI have told me most all those things, especially the parts about "rejecting Gothard's teaching opens you up to the darts of Satan". While he and she never actually said that Gothard's views were the only way that Christians could interpret the Bible, they certainly behaved and talked like that was what they believed.

- A random guy following that 'next blog' link

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pack your bags....you're going on a guilt trip!!!
Annie

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*quoting* If a person actually said that "to reject ATI is to reject God" I would laugh in their face. ATI is by no means god, and neither is Mr.Gothard. *unquotes* ... Yes, someone has said that, basically, to me. They said that since Mr. Gothard's stuff is all based on Scripture, and since the Scripture is the 100% infallible WORD, therefore it follows that whatever Mr. Gothard says _IS_ Scripture, and _is_ the WORD. And therefore, to reject what he said is to reject the Lord. That was their logic.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, guys - this is a little much! I work at HQ right now, and I can't think of a single staffer that would write a letter like that. Not a real letter, imho. All the staffers I know are normal people (not zealots!) who may (or may not) agree with much of IBLP teaching, but definitely wouldn't call someone that didn't as in danger of "the fires of hell".

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and I have even heard rumors of ATI students who have been wronged unjustly"

As opposed to all those who were justly wronged?

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's real. I grew up with all of that crap being heaped on me every single day. I was a jerk to the kids in my neighborhood, because the listened to music with a "back beat." I blame ATI for my lack of a social life, until I was 14 when finally started questioning all the crap my parents were throwing at me. Yeah I might be a little bitter, but I am so glad my parents finally saw the light and got out. But only after sending one of my brothers to the Indy TC aka prison.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it. I heard about this site from a friend, and I'm saddened to see how much people bash ATI and all it stands for. Yes ATI has it's problems. I've experienced a whole heap of them personally with working on staff at ALERT in Big Sandy (I live 15 min from there) and they have alot of issues and problems, but there ARE good people and programs out there. And yes there are some people who could use a blow to the head and have some talking to, but you know, they don't ALL have to be bashed. I'm friends with alot of people at the ALERT headquarters and in ATI and so it grieves me to see you all bash them the way you do. Yes I believe this letter is real, so ya'll can stop saying it's a fake. Some of ya'll don't have any common sense to shut up and be quiet!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does one wean their parent's off BG's stuff? His science is ridiculously vague and complicated, and his maths is retardedly simple. ATI has helped me but I've just had enough of BG's twisting of the Bible. He take verses...specially the one's about a woman satying at home and not going outside to work (*please* wake up people..it's 2007)..totally out of context! I wonder what will happen to him on judgemnet day? *shudders* Will he be held accountable for leading so many people into darkness?

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

X-ATI Guy

about

recently

archives

approved books

approved music

exits

censored words

credits

contact